Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2014, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 6 Nov 2014 06:30:01 -0500
From:         Dennis Jowell <dennisjowell@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Warning light
Comments: To: "<mcneely4@cox.net>" <mcneely4@cox.net>

The buzzer/warning light goes off together and is located In the temperature gauge ( tachometer) Not by the oil can warning light speedometer area. It was going off at low idle coming off the interstate. I checked the coolant and it was low. Filled it yesterday now need to test drive. Snow coming in this morning so my test drive will be postponed.

Dennis Jowell Scotch Hollow Farm

> On Nov 5, 2014, at 10:11 AM, <mcneely4@cox.net> <mcneely4@cox.net> wrote: > > > ---- Dennis Jowell <dennisjowell@GMAIL.COM> wrote: >> Got it. It's the coolant light going off at low idle once in a while. Will clean the 2 prongs on cap and check coolant level. >> Thanks for the info > > but you said the buzzer goes off when you exit the freeway. The buzzer has nothing to do with coolant. It is a low oil pressure at high rpm warning.

>>> light is in the coolant temperature gauge. >>> The oil pressure warning system is a bit complex. There are two sensors. A >>> .3 bar (~4 psi) normally closed is located between the push rod tubes. There >>> is a higher pressure switch .9 bar (~13 psi) normally open switch located at >>> the rear of the engine. The switches use the different logic to provide a

>>> fail-safe. Defeating the .9bar switch will require connecting the signal