Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2014, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 15 Nov 2014 16:28:20 -0500
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Oil light problem
Comments: To: Dennis Jowell <dennisjowell@GMAIL.COM>

I don't like the idea of using a hose near the push rod cover tin (sharp edges) and exhaust. I used an adapter similar to

http://www.amazon.com/Speedhut-Metric-Adapter-inch-M10X1/dp/B00B5W9MGK/ref=p d_sbs_auto_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=1QZCZ6VQWMS8EX1VF6R9.

This allowed me to then use brake line fittings. I went from this to 3/16 brake tube with inverted flare and for the sensor I used the two terminal as the 2nd terminal will operate the warning light. I also used a sensor with the 1/8-17 NPT pipe thread as again that interfaces with available brake tube fittings. I then bring the tube up and using two hose clamps the sensor can be mounted to one of the intake manifold tubes. A few months ago I did have to replace the brake line as it rusted out and split after 26 years.

Dennis