Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2014, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 17 Nov 2014 07:31:42 -0800
From:         Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon Repair classes
Comments: To: Stan Shapiro <mail@stanshapiro.com>

dear vanagoniterites

just a note wondering how many camp grounds will be pleased to see a group show up a second time if upon the first leaving they found the trash full of surplus parts and - wasted or broken parts - used or new oil - broken tools and all the other stuff left behind after mechanical service - \not to mention the inevitable "accidental spill" of coolant or oil or brake-fluid - etc... then there is the guy - like me - who is slow - and often just getting going at 11 o clock at night - bang bang bang - i hammer into the twilight hours - ensuring a bear and vampire free park

if i recall some camp grounds and nearly all parking lots do not allow wrenching at all - regards

On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 10:32 AM, Stan Shapiro <mail@stanshapiro.com> wrote:

> I am a newbie Westy owner, with minimal mechanical skills. I have been > impressed with the knowledge and expertise on this site. I wonder if > there > is any way to pass some of this knowledge along to the newbies. > > > > How about some weekend courses/training that involve some class room and > lots of hands on. Maybe a cooperative effort from the members of this > board, where each person could teach one aspect of vanagon repair or > maintenance? I would think a class size of 10 might be workable. I > would be ok with a fee. As an attendee, I would gladly pay $100, which > could go to the expenses of the instructors or space rental. Start out > with beginner classes. Work up to more advanced classes. All that is > needed is volunteers to teach, a space to have a small classroom, a garage > to go thru some repairs, agree on some topics, and someone to coordinate > all > of this. If each attendee drove a van, one person might end up with a > tune up, one person might end up with a new aux battery system, etc. > Then there has to be some agreement on a location. I would volunteer to > help coordinate to help get this rolling. > > > > Your thoughts?? > > > > Stan/90 Westy/Idaho (currently in 65 degree weather in Arizona) >

-- roger whittaker 604.414.6266

---------------------------------------------------------- http://www.tvthatworks.com http://www.tvpowellriver.com LinkedIn -

- ca.linkedin.com/pub/roger-whittaker/14/78a/b71/Explore printed work at: http://www.prliving.ca/ View the growing list of video work at: http://www.youtube.com/user/LastonLastof#g/u http://vimeo.com/42309497

http://www.prpeak.com/articles/2010/11/29/multimedia/video/doc4c62e5f80d228504902172.txt