Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2014, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 16 Nov 2014 16:37:06 -0800
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Dashboard lights
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com>

On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 7:59 AM, Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com> wrote: The light in the defroster switch has nothing to do with dash lighting. If the heater levers are lighted I would begin with the instrument cluster itself. Start with the main connector for it. Reach down under the tachometer.

Hmm. so there are supposed to be lights in the heater/defroster controls? Imagine that! These past years with my Vanagon, I always assumed there was some carry over from the old VW busses....and they didn't get completely made into MiniVans..... I always just used my headlamp or an LED penlight that lives in my Seat Caddy bag from Duluth...

On a side note...I do love the simplicity of the vanagon I have....Just this evening I went to use my "new" Safari van and found it "clicking away" with a dead battery...It seems my overhead dome automatic shut off and some other stuff doesn'l like single digit temps or something. So...I put the charger on it and it's taking a charge...I walk past the slider door and that is open...I slid that home and ......CLICK!...for some reason the doors decided to lock themselves when they got some juice...and...of course, my key is in the cupholder... If this were my Vanagon...no auto lock, no auto dome light shut off delay, no remote keyless entry and if it had a dead battery...no battery charger needed...I just roll down my hill and bump start it....