Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2014, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 22 Nov 2014 08:15:45 -0800
From:         Michael Hart <mjhart853@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Please Check your Nokian Tires
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com>

Dennis, Thanks for the comments. The cracks were all in the same location - roughly in the middle of the sidewalls - I'll post a picture to photobucket. Tire wear has been even over the 30k distance. Having said that, the front radius arm bushings are definitely shot, almost certainly original & every time i look at them I think i should replace them. The upper control arm bushings have been replaced and are in good shape. No obvious brake fluid leaks (& remember, this was all four tires that were bad). Best advice I've seen so far is that the 44 psi I was running the tires at was too low, the new ones are now at 48 psi and I may increase that further to 50 (front) & 55 (back) Thanks,

Michael Hart Palo Alto, CA '87 2WD Westfalia ('T3WESTY')