Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2014, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 23 Nov 2014 00:04:41 -0600
From:         KI4TLF <ki4tlf@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Carat front blower repair
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>

Is there any easy way to service the fan, ie, drilling a hole in the housing and lubing the shaft that way, or is removing it the only option?

Greg

I agree the replacement fans are spotty in performance. I test them and keep returning them until I get a smooth quiet one. They have been getting better. Years ago I had a heater core replaced by the dealer as goodwill warranty. They cut the side of the housing near the glove box and slid it out and slid in the new one and then glued the cut off cover back on. I've gotten good at doing them this way. Unfortunately no easy way for fan replacement.

Dennis