Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2014, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 12 Dec 2014 11:16:16 -0800
From:         Loren Busch <starwagen@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: cruise control on an air cooled westy
Comments: To: "Higginbotham, David A." <dhigginbotham@hazenandsawyer.com>

RE: After Market Cruise Control

For many years the Audiovox CCS100 kit was a great solution. That is what I added to my '90. But those kits are near impossible to find any more. And the price went through the roof on eBay last time I looked.

Rostra bought out that product from Audiovox. I have looked at the Rostra product line and it appears (or did a couple of years ago) that one of their systems could be put together and work on a Vanagon. Air cooled or WBX should make no difference.

With cruise controls becoming standard equipment of most model new cars in the last few years I suspect that the market for add-on cruise kits has pretty well dried up. So the pickings have become pretty thin for those of us driving 20+ year old vehicles.