Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2014, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 27 Dec 2014 19:09:50 +0000
From:         Anthony Egeln <regnsuzanne@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: 15" Wheels
Comments: To: Michael McSwain <michaelmcswain@GMAIL.COM>

I bought the 15 " Rhein wheels from Ken at Van-Again…….no spacers or anything else needed. You'll have to look and see if he still sells them. Anthony From: Michael McSwain <michaelmcswain@GMAIL.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Saturday, December 27, 2014 2:03 PM Subject: 15" Wheels Hey all,

I know there are a few mile long posts on the samba about this, but I always end up feeling like I'm drowning in information over there.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a 15" wheel conversion that requires the most minimal of modifications?  I found 2 sets locally for $250 that I'm thinking about getting but I'm not 100% sure if they'll fit or if I'll have to go get spacers/long lugs etc. They came of of a '95 E320 and a '95 C280. The look just like the ones Gowesty sells.  I'm going to go back out and get the wheels measurements off of them on Monday.

If I had the budget I'd just buy the gowesty kit and I'm trying to figure out if I'll end up spending close to the same after buying all the necessary accoutrements.

I'm not married to this style and I'm more concerned about handling and performance than looks.

Thanks in advance.

Michael.