Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2014, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 28 Dec 2014 10:27:28 -0500
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: 15" Wheels
Comments: To: N T-P Vanaru <nij.tp.vanaru@GMAIL.COM>

My S-Class pushes 5,000 pounds empty. I would have no problem using those wheels on a Vanagon. I just hate the spacer and longer stud/bolt hassle.

Dennis

Also you will get some people telling you that the bus is too heavy and the wheel will crack etc etc. What I have seen is that a) the wheels are OE and so usually better quality than aftermarket b) currently I have wheels from a s class that is a rank in comparision to my bus.

Obviously these are just my thoughts and you will need to make you own decisions, before making any purchases.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note® 8.0, an AT&T 4G LTE tablet

-------- Original message -------- From: N T-P Vanaru <nij.tp.vanaru@gmail.com> Date: 12/27/2014 23:41 (GMT-05:00) To: Gmail <ramblinvan@GMAIL.COM>,vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: 15" Wheels Not really sure what the big deal is. I have fitted 15, 17 and 18" merc wheels. Most fit straight on (as far as pcd and center bore are concerned) some need you to run a drill through the bolt holes (very easy) and some require a cheap set of spacers. You do not need any special adapters for a lot of the merc wheels. If you look in my pictures on thesamba you will see my blue bus with all 3 of the above sizes mounted. Chris at T3 has put together some excellent material (also on thesamba). You could steer the op towards buying a shiney set from one of the vendors but I think he wants to do it on a smaller budget. I fitted studs onto the front discs instead of messing around with bolts, this was 2fold one I could have the same lugnuts all round, two its so much easier fitting a wheel onto studs than to try and line holes up and get bolts through.

OP if you want to PM me I can try and give you some more info.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note® 8.0, an AT&T 4G LTE tablet

-------- Original message -------- From: Gmail <ramblinvan@GMAIL.COM> Date: 12/27/2014 19:27 (GMT-05:00) To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: 15" Wheels

I'll push Van Cafe. I've bought two sets of wheels and tires from them and couldn't be happier. Straight talk, fair prices, fast shipping and customer service before during and after the sale that no one can beat. I also buy 90% of my other Vanagon parts from them.

They are a full service VW maintenance/repairs/upgrade shop, they know Vanagon's inside and out and stand behind everything they do and sell. Call Peter, Mike or Chris and tell them what you need and see what happens. I heard they sometimes sell "takes offs" that may have not suited the PO but just might fit your needs and budget.

loyal customer flag a-flying, Andrew Bainbridge Island WA