Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2014, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 29 Dec 2014 08:31:40 -0600
From:         Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Rebuilt transaxle grinds
Comments: To: David Boan <dboan@outlook.com>

I had the second gear grinding problem when I reinstalled my newly rebuild five-speed about ten years ago. I was pretty freaked out about sending the transaxle all the way across the country again and doing all that work over. But I sent my Vanagon to a local shop to have the gear shift adjusted properly, and it has been shifting sweet ever since.

You might want to invest in that before you do anything drastic.

Jim