Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2015, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 13 Jan 2015 08:30:19 -0600
From:         Abel Longoria <houstonphotog@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Westy battery charger
Comments: To: Ryan Perry <rjdperry@gmail.com>

I use a ProSport8 marine charger sitting under the driver's seat. This AC driven charger plugs into the AC socket that's under the sink area so its get powered when I plug the van up to shore power via the hookup box outside.

Since I have my seat all the way to the back, and the LEDs on top of the charger pointed towards the front of the van I can easily look through the driver's window from the outside to check the status of the charger. Is it on? It is charging? It is done? etc... Work great.

Its nice that its permanently installed in the van, I don't have to pack it or hit any buttons on it in order to get it to start charging.Juts plug in the van and it starts. done.

Each night before I leave to camp I usually hook up the van to shore power so I know my house batteries re fully charged and ready to go.... I use three 44aH batteries, 132aH total.

Here you can see the charger and orientation where its installed.

http://dasmotoclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/auxbattery2.jpg

Abel