Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2015, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 6 Feb 2015 18:03:08 -0500
From:         Marc Perdue <mcperdue@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Important, Reposted From Facebook

Ditto, what Julianna said. I installed one of Trevor's skylights shortly after I bought my van and it has served me very well over the years.

I recently purchased the utility outlet boxes as part of my van "restoration". I love the shore power box! The connection is a much better design than the original and was way easier to install. I haven't had a chance to test the redesigned water tank refill box yet, but it seems like a very intelligent redesign.

Marc Perdue

On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 5:36 PM, Julianna Elligsen <mumbrue@gmail.com> wrote: > Oh my goodness! Thanks for reposting this Loren! > > Thank you Ron for keeping these products alive! > > Thank you Cheri and Trevor for saving these in the first place! We are forever in your debt for saving these hard to find parts and figuring out how to make them new! Thank you!!! Have fun in your travels!!!! > > Julianna > http://about.me/juliannaelligsen > 1991 VW Vanagon Westfalia (Ophelia) > 1990 VW Vanagon Westfalia (The Rastafalia) > 1988 VW Vanagon Tintop (James) > >> On Feb 5, 2015, at 12:58 PM, Loren Busch <starwagen@GMAIL.COM> wrote: >> >> From The Bus Depot on the Samba Thread >> http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=618110 >> Thanks Ron! >> >> The Skylight Guy and Delta Six are not gone, but their focus has changed. >> As some of you may know, Trevor and Cheri divided their VW efforts among >> three areas - producing original Delta Six replacement parts for Westfalia >> campers, producing poptop skylights for the same, and retailing various VW >> products in their online store. We at the Bus Depot worked closely with >> them, distributing their products in the U.S. and supplying many of the >> products that they sold online in Canada. >> >> Trevor and Cheri have decided to go out of the retail business in order to >> spend more time traveling in their Westy and enjoying other pursuits. Most >> of the items in their online store are available from The Bus Depot. (In >> fact they bought many of them from us in the first place, such as the >> aforementioned gray water tanks). To better serve the Canadian market, we >> have expanded our toll-free order desk line to work from Canada and >> negotiated steep discounts to Canada with Fedex. (Those discounts may not >> be reflected in the web checkout for some time, but please feel free to >> email Fred at sales@busdepot.com right after placing your order. He can >> quote you and adjust your shipping charge before your order is actually >> processed.) >> >> As for the products that Trevor and Cheri produce - the Delta Six >> replacement camper parts such as inlets, faucets, etc., plus the Skylight >> Guy poptop skylights - all or most of them will continue to be available >> through the Bus Depot. We have bought the Delta Six trademark, molds, and >> tooling, and plan to keep the brand and OEM products alive. Trevor and >> Cheri will continue to assemble the parts for us in Canada using the >> original molds, as they always have, in periodic batches between their >> other endeavors. While this may result in sporadic stockouts - time will >> tell - it will keep the products available to the VW community. Trevor also >> intends to continue making skylights as time allows, which we will of >> course continue to sell. >> >> Trevor and Cheri are great people and all of us in the VW community owe >> them a tremendous debt for the over-and-above work they did to save the OEM >> Delta Six product line, which was at death's door before they revamped all >> of the molds and tooling, updated the products for the 21st century, and >> kept these rare OEM parts alive when nobody else would step up to the >> plate. Were it not for their tremendous effort and expertise, many stock >> replacement parts for our campers would be gone forever. It is the Bus >> Depot's intention to keep that dream alive. >> >> You can find most of the OEM Delta Six products and Skylight Guy skylights >> on our Delta Six page http://www.busdepot.com/details/deltasix/ >> <http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.busdepot.com%2Fdetails%2Fdeltasix%2F&h=rAQFye8zB&enc=AZO0F4RWNAdLxKdij0_2rXyeRqjz2KPLGGO8w8T1SJ3m-YGXC2t6fopw5L7PPlTK1rNnDj1pMKBJ-2E70ZXnqjhTSfRykB9UXJO5oaSzSV4P8FOxwNDLehMGzVj9czVph0Je066LN0FHbad0ZErhQGYKCTSvELF8eu32dAzzeT5-hg&s=1>. >> This transition is very new (as of January 1, 2015), but over time we hope >> to expand the Delta Six line with additional OEM products. If you have any >> difficulty finding products on BusDepot.com >> <http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2FBusDepot.com%2F&h=OAQGVkBcK&enc=AZOG8FdIldGutwzqzmj1s8Hykgvc012Kv8yLRzuP8mLLfB8CboNMap1FbI0YexuEsZRpZnyxlRc1vRj1FFiW1W4ED5-pmsfjXRlGftPhv9FzH0EPPG8_8-QQS7hqXcl8-_qyvV8VhK4K-DT6Pd9B3Al14RLr0selLlxYrZsJaSlLgw&s=1> >> that >> Trevor and Cheri used to offer, please don't hesitate to email Fred at >> sales@busdepot.com and he can point you in the right direction. >> _________________ >> - Ron Salmon >> The Bus Depot >> www.busdepot.com >> <http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.busdepot.com%2F&h=nAQFU6BZT&enc=AZN4llvzQ0fh_uHaAc_Gls7FBGCqdlxgwgLEuRJyzzmmUogGaopaD92MHHG7jGhAVRm0x2EFSOCToXdWBFH3RaU5n29cbMJ02P8Sd7vjCTTRZFP4_AduwbglHqxRMeCyNv4AByqMLvIb6_w_u3KGy8aMrnbDHIpColYaeNmNr01gKA&s=1>