Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2015, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 12 Feb 2016 12:15:52 -0800
From:         Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: funny note-- it is Friday right ?
Comments: To: Jeff Schwaia <vw.doka@gmail.com>

Dear Vanagoniterians

One begins to wonder why one is home when the customer service representatives of the land come knocking - yet when a girl who likely puts hearts over the I in hand written notes is standing there - taking the time to write a note - one is on extended appointment At proctologist ??

Dear Vanhouse

I barely believe this my self - I have an average piece of equipment - an '09 with The skin on the front by Van Bra International - hardly anyone ever notices even when at the community wash - so u can imagine my surprise when the neighbour's cousin was visiting from Alaska and I saw her hanging out in her convertible top - I was pretty sure she would find my equipment old and slow - I having a few drinks in the back yard when she caught me with my tools at the ready and my equipment waiting to be serviced - I showed her how the various parts went together and pretty soon she was helping me in ways I could never have imagined - who knew a girl this pretty would know anything about the proper care and maintenance of my equipment- I mean where did she learn - she told me that there was a guy back home in Alaska who had the same sort of gear - and she often offered to help when he was in a hard spot - I know regular readers of Vanhouse will find my story hard to believe - but it really happened and you know, some days I find it hard to believe too- and my Van has never run so well as it did that day when I drove her. Regards

On Friday, 12 February 2016, Jeff Schwaia <vw.doka@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been pulled over by the local cops 4 times here in Sacramento. Once > in my old Tristar, once in my Iltis, once in my Golf Country and the last > time in my Syncro single cab. Every time it was just to check them out and > make chit chat. Kind of annoying, but you got to be nice to your friendly > polizei! > > Cheers, > > Jeff > > > -----Original Message----- > From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com > <javascript:;>] On Behalf Of Jim Felder > Sent: Friday, February 12, 2016 8:35 AM > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM <javascript:;> > Subject: Re: funny note > > I got pulled over in my Westy in a very small town a couple of years ago. > The cop said "You were going a little too fast. I'm not going to give you > a ticket though. I wanted to get a better look at your rig." > > Jim > > On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 10:32 AM Tyler Hardison <tyler@seraph-net.net > <javascript:;>> > wrote: > > > Geez.. I never get a note.. Usually I just get creepy stares..?? > > > > On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 8:30 AM, Neil2 <vidublu@gmail.com <javascript:;>> > wrote: > > > > > I found a note under my wiper last week which read: > > > > > > 100$ Fine for having an AWESOME van! > > > > > > purrrrrrr > > > > > > On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 7:20 AM, Mark McCulley > > > <markmcculley@gmail.com <javascript:;>> > > > wrote: > > > > > > > I found this note stuck on the windshield one afternoon when my > > > > Vanagon > > > was > > > > parked in a public parking lot. I usually use a Club on the > > > > steering > > > wheel > > > > to discourage thieves. > > > > > > > > http://s14.postimg.org/pn0ref6f5/van_note.jpg > > > > > > > > I still get a big kick out of the fact that some young lady (I > > > > presume) found this funny enough to actually leave a note. > > > > > > > > -Mark > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > -- > > > Neil2 > > > '82 Diesel Westfalia (Ducky) > > > '86 Vanagon/Westfalia Wannabe (SaVannah) > > > '08 170" 2500 Mega Roof Dodge Sprinter (Moby) > > > '90 Westfalia Subagon > > > Fulltiming since August 2008 > > > Nunquam Pendite Divendium > > > > > >

-- roger whittaker 604.414.6266

---------------------------------------------------------- http://www.tvthatworks.com http://www.tvpowellriver.com LinkedIn -

- ca.linkedin.com/pub/roger-whittaker/14/78a/b71/Explore printed work at: http://www.prliving.ca/ View the growing list of video work at: http://www.youtube.com/user/LastonLastof#g/u http://vimeo.com/42309497

http://www.prpeak.com/articles/2010/11/29/multimedia/video/doc4c62e5f80d228504902172.txt