Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2015, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 13 Feb 2016 04:30:18 +0000
From:         MICHAEL H <vwdash80@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: funny note
Comments: To: Jeff Schwaia <vw.doka@GMAIL.COM>,
          Jim Felder <jim.felder@gmail.com>

Jim and Jeff - I can relate to these experiences. I've been pulled over for the Q & A -  expecting grief for the (legitimate) German plate on the front. they turn around, turn on the lights. walk up with genuine enthusiasm, big smile, relaxed attitude ; standard questions - mileage ? top speed ? where do you get parts? prices for parts and vehicles? sure, they shine the light through the side and back windows ; it's not a molester van. I don't mind - just part of the job. they go around it  2 or 3 times. they double check the registration sticker for age and shake their heads. I will admit that I don't watch the speedo as much as the tach and mirrors. they never tell me to slow down. especially  in the Scirroco or its big cousin, the Audi  Coupe GT ! ( also German plated). they just tell me to be careful. yes sir, no sir all the way and I drive away with no tickets. `thanks Officer/Trooper. although, if you notice the plate without this face behind it , I'm going to need you to go to work and stay safe.'          mike      =(: D)

From: Jeff Schwaia <vw.doka@GMAIL.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Friday, February 12, 2016 2:56 PM Subject: Re: funny note I've been pulled over by the local cops 4 times here in Sacramento.  Once in my old Tristar, once in my Iltis, once in my Golf Country and the last time in my Syncro single cab.  Every time it was just to check them out and make chit chat.  Kind of annoying, but you got to be nice to your friendly polizei!

Cheers,

Jeff