Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2015, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 19 Feb 2015 22:50:41 -0800
From:         PB <pbrattan@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      What should I know before getting accident repairs done?
Comments: To: "JordanVw@aol.com" <JordanVw@aol.com>

Thanks for your replies. I am located in North Hollywood, California, which is a suburb of Los Angeles, about 2 - 3 hours from San Diego. Regarding the skirt, it is cracked. The first of my links shows a picture of the crack. I still haven't shown it to the insurance adjuster, yet. I will do that over the next few days, and see what he or she says.

I haven't been driving it much lately, because it needs a smog test, and I haven't had the time to take it in for a routine servicing before the smog test. I paid the registration, but it doesn't have a sticker because I haven't had it smog tested. Patti Los Angeles 90 Westy Automatic

On Thursday, February 19, 2015, <JordanVw@aol.com> wrote: > In a message dated 2/19/2015 9:25:10 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, pbrattan@GMAIL.COM writes: > > Even before the accident, there were a few things I wanted to have done. > Other than what's displayed in the photos, there are no dents or scrapes. > But I do have some annoying peeling clear coat. Is it possible to have it > redone without a whole major paint job? Also, my shiny burgundy colored > top has turned cloudy whitish. Would I need to get it repainted or have > the top buffed out? I know there's a fiberglass cleaner that can be > applied, and you can buff it out and it will look like new, but I can't do > that myself. (Neither can UFM!) So I'm wondering how to get the top shiny > like it was in 2007 when I got my Westy. > > > > saw the pix. easy fix. the drivers door doesn't look like it has any damage, the whitish marring on the paint should buff off with compound. the front coner around the turn signal can be pulled out easily...maybe a paintless dent guy can do it.. i would call a paintless dent guy first. as far as the skirts on the door, yes of course theyre original. you still have the piece, right? the tabs on the back can easily be repaired or good used skirts can be found on samba for under $40. did the skirt itself get broken or just the plastic clip that is poprivet to the door? a lot of times just the clips break. anyway that is an easy fix. i could fix all that damage in less than 2 hrs.

--

*♪♫**♥**♫♪♪♫**♥**♫♪♪♫**♥**♫♪♪♫**♥**♫♪* If it's not on my Smart Phone, it doesn't exist... ●▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬♥▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬●