Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2015, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 5 Mar 2015 18:21:54 -0500
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: .9 bar oil pressure sender replacement oil, filters,
              exhaust options.
Comments: To: OlRivrRat <OlRivrRat@COMCAST.NET>

Mobil 1 15w-50 5 quart jug often $25.88 at Walmart. Mobil 1 0w-40 European 4 quart jug the same or the Mobil 1 truck-Suv 5w-40 for those that want the Diesel stuff. They also usually have the Rotella T5 (blend) and T6 synthetic for even less. I have also been using the Mobil M1-205 oil filters. Shop on Amazon and e-bay for price.

When I do exhaust I usually plan end up with the torch. This is a bit more fun after rust busters have been sprayed as they are combustible so the stuff has to be cleaned and burned off.

The Go Westy Stainless pipes are interchangeable in pieces with the factory style exhaust. You can upgrade one piece at a time as needed. Their muffler and brackets are a great way to get better breathing, mount better, and reduce some weight. I do like better hardware though.

Dennis

Kevin

Not that it is necessary, but I'll put a 2nd on what DH & KW have said & Add that if

You have not already done so, You should Soak All the Nuts&Bolts that you are going to

be removing on this project with PBBlaster &Or Zep45 Today & then HeatItUp ToOp'Temp

&Then SoakAgain ~

&Also ~ The NextTime You change Your Oil, Save Yourself some UnnecessarilySpent

$s & use Valvoline FullSynthetic Instead ~

http://www.valvoline.com/products/consumer-products/motor-oil/full-synthetic -motor-oil/

Redline is a GreatOil as are RoyalPurple & Ams but WayOverPriced & a Valvo' F'S'Oil

will DoTheJob JustAsWell ~

There are Other Good F'S'Oils out there but I'm just fond of Valvo' ~

ORR ~ DeanB