Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2015, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 6 Mar 2015 18:05:45 -0500
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: BTW whose westy was on tv at 24 hrs Daytona?
Comments: To: Eric Wunrow <VW@ERICWUNROW.COM>

I was there but not in my Westy or on the Infield. In my opinion Infield camping is pricey and the view is terrible. I did that once. I now camp at the "Speed weeks" campground on a side road about 2.5 miles away. The cost was $120 for the weekend ad shuttles are available if you don't want to walk. They have limited rest room and shower facilities. It is a converted cow field used as a campground for speed weeks and in the summer for the July race events. The Browns are great hosts and there are some activities including a bon fire and lots of partying on the Friday and Saturday nights. The bring in some food vendors (carnival food trailers). They do prefer self-contained units but they have some trailers, tents, and van folks there. I have camped there in the Westy. I am a regular at the Daytona 500 and Ford 400 at Homestead in November. I am thinking for next year to get one of the track outer sites for the week. The campground fun is almost as good as the races. It is a great time.

Dennis