Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2015, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 18 Mar 2015 21:42:26 -0600
From:         Jon VO <jondvo@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: bus depot snap in fender liners any one use them?
Comments: To: Miguel Pacheco <mundopacheco@gmail.com>

Unfortunately, I have to work on the van outside, as it will not fit through my low garage door. Getting too old to work outside in the winter, much..

On 3/18/2015 9:24 PM, Miguel Pacheco wrote: > It's safe to say that it's a race to the finish! Some are > contemplating the purchase of these. Others have purchased and > contemplate installation. It must still be winter... > > > */Miguel/* > > */The free soul is rare, but you know it when you see it- basically > because you feel good, very good, when you are near or with them. /* > */- Charles Bukowski, Tales of Ordinary/* > > > > > On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 7:55 PM, Jon VO <jondvo@gmail.com > <mailto:jondvo@gmail.com>> wrote: > > I've got a set for front & rear, yet to be installed. They are made of > relatively thin and flexible plastic, not sure how these will be > installed, definitely not "snap-in". Seem similar to the fender > liners > on my 2003 Jetta. There are different shapes front vs rear; when > installed, will take photos. These should help with stone & debris > affecting the gas tank hoses, and wheelwell (for 2wd). > Jon > > > On 3/18/2015 3:25 PM, Edward V Barger wrote: > > Have been looking at these wondering if the top side was > fitted with noise damping paint or other material would it > help with road noise dampening > > I am thinking of only the front wheel wells seems like a lot > of road noise comes up through the front wheel wells > > ed > > > On Jan 6, 2015, at 7:08 AM, Raimund Feussner <ray@V6BUS.DE > <mailto:ray@V6BUS.DE>> wrote: > > http://www2.vwbus-online.org/forum/forum_entry.php?id=1610110 > > Lots of Photos. Not really snap in, but still very > professional. > > Am 06.01.2015 um 04:24 schrieb Eric Caron: > > Hi John, > > Please keep me posted on your progress and > findings. I played with them a little but it is too > cold here right now to really do much. I was hoping > that when they said “snap In” they really did without > drilling and such. I’m not sure how I expected that > to work but why not, my rain and wind deflectors just > fit in with no special attachments. > > Let me know how it goes and how you find they fit in > the van wheel wells. > > > Eric Caron > 85 gL Auto Westfalia > > > > On Jan 5, 2015, at 11:15 AM, Jon VO > <jondvo@GMAIL.COM <mailto:jondvo@GMAIL.COM>> wrote: > > Eric, > Just ordered a set of those, as I was thinking > about how nice it would > be to protect the new fuel line in the wheel > well...I suspect they are > held in by the wheel arch lip and perhaps some > strategically placed > screws. There are a few spots where plastic > retainer nuts could be > added, much like what is on my 2003 Jetta. I'll > see when I get them. > Jon > > On 1/4/2015 3:08 PM, Eric Caron wrote: > > Hi folks, > > In a moment of madness I purchased > the Bus Depot set of 4 snap in wheel fender > liners. Sadly I’m not aware of any > instructions and the last thing I want to do > is put these in then have them come flying out > unexpectedly! > > Is anyone using them and able to give > a description of how they “snap in?” they > come with no hardware and of course if there > are pictures that doesn’t help this blind van > care taker orient them and know they are > correctly and firmly in place. > > > > tips greatly appreciated! > > Eric Caron > 85 GL Auto Westfalia > > Edward V Barger > edvbarger@mac.com <mailto:edvbarger@mac.com> > <mailto:edvbarger@mac.com <mailto:edvbarger@mac.com>> > BARGER LITE > ed@barger-lite.com <mailto:ed@barger-lite.com> > BARGER-LITE.COM <http://BARGER-LITE.COM> > 310 401 0633 <tel:310%20401%200633> > >