Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2015, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 15 Mar 2015 14:03:51 -0700
From:         Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Is anybody still on this list?
Comments: To: Brook Barbour <barbourbw@GMAIL.COM>

Well, I hope you take better care of it than the fellow who inherited the Westy my son bought. He was well into destroying it because he didn't know, or care about, what he had, it was just a junk "hippie" van to him. He would have been far better off selling it immediately, but it took a blown automatic transmission for him to do that. His father paid for the new one ($3000 for a German Transaxle rebuild installed), and he had to sell it to pay him back. His loss was our gain.

I know you will do better, so enjoy the ride!

But, replace those fuel lines before you drive it across the country. This happens all too often: http://www.bainbridgereview.com/news/260842111.html Often it's a fuel line popping off, or a leaking injector hose. I've had both happen, but got lucky. Twice.

Stuart; recently approved to join the Vanagon Owners Face Book page!