Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2015, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 15 Mar 2015 21:52:00 +0000
From:         Stephen Grisanti <bike2vcu@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Building a Shop
Comments: To: "mcneely4@COX.NET" <mcneely4@COX.NET>

If you have not begun the slab yet and you live where there are cold winters and hot summers, conditioning the space is essential if you want to enjoy your time in there. We had Mitsubishi mini-splits installed in the house and they did the garage too, but it cools better than it heats that space.  If starting from scratch I'd seriously consider a heated slab, usually done by running PEX before the pour and running heated fluid through that tubing.  Cool by whatever means is most economical, but the splits are great for that. Stephen