Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2015, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 19 Apr 2015 11:31:37 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Pinhole in propane regulator
Comments: To: Rick Cooper <rickdcooper@GMAIL.COM>

Propane leaks need to be taken very seriously. Propane has an extremely wide range of flammability. Regulators are not forever items and should be regularly tested and replaced when needed. Being under the van and somewhat exposed maybe every 5 years or so. Since you could not shut the fuel off you also need the service valve. Unless your tank is really pristine condition consider replacing that also. I had my tank fail almost 3 years ago. Rust blow out while getting filled. Fire department response and everything. Be prepared for documentation after an event like this. Who installed it, when was it last inspected, etc.

Dennis