Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2015, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 17 Apr 2015 04:32:45 -0700
From:         Ben <syncro@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: craigslist paying
Comments: To: David Higginbotham <davidhigginbotham1@GMAIL.COM>

I would not accept a check at all. Most banks have branches in various States. Ask to go to his bank with you. Then he can buy the cashier's check in his bank in your presence.

Or have him procure USPS money orders which you can then take to your local post office to cash. They can verify the MO's on the spot, if they are good, even if your branch doesn't have enough cash on hand to exchange them. Once they verify the MO's are good, you can deposit in your bank.

As far as I'm concern, cash is king when dealing with people you don't know. Oh yeah, view each bill in bright light. Make sure security features are correct. Twice someone tried to pass a washed out $5 bill reprinted into a $100 bill to me. Guess they didn't expect me to look at $17K in $100 bills. Sad to say it was Chase Bank.😕

BenT sent from my electronic leash