Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2015, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 30 Apr 2015 11:47:18 -0400
From:         Ken Wilford <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Coordinating window tint, new rubber, paint
Comments: To: PB <pbrattan@GMAIL.COM>

The window rubber: This is something we do for customers all the time. I can put together a full list of the window seals, and the pricing and email it over to you. We can source it for you (most of it we have in stock here) and ship it directly to the body shop so they have everything they need to get the job done.

Let me know if you want me to do this for you.

Ken

On 4/30/2015 4:06 AM, PB wrote: > I am also planning to have the windows tinted. I noticed that while > there's no leaking, my front window rubber is as hard as a rock! It would > probably be a good idea to have the windows removed & tinted BEFORE > painting, and windows and new rubber replaced after painting. Is there a > wiki that indicates what size rubber and how much per window? I guess I > could ask the body shop if they would remove the windows and install new > rubber if I furnished it to them, but then it would be great if the tint > guy could pick up the windows, tint them, and return them to the body shop > for re-installation. I don't have a truck to transport windows to the tint > guy. The tint shop and the body shop are about 2 miles apart. Obviously, > this will cost more, but I just got some mechanical work done, new tires, > and wheel alignment, and the van handles more smoothly than ever. I'd like > it to LOOK as good as it handles! > > I was also wondering about the bumper, the front grille and the louver-type > vent things behind the side windows. How does one get them to look like > new? I don't want to end up with a fresh-painted van with the black > plastic (fiberglass?) parts all faded. > > Patti > 90 Westy Automatic > Los Angeles > > > > > > On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 12:40 AM, PB <pbrattan@gmail.com> wrote: > >> The yelp review for 6859 Van Nuys Blvd, Van Nuys has 4 stars. That is the >> one where I saw the VW Bus Camper and the 2-tone car with a graphic >> design. Some of their reviews are very bad, and others are excellent. The >> other Maaco, 7607 Van Nuys Blvd, has no reviews at all. >> Patti >> >> On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 7:23 PM, Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@gmail.com> >> wrote: >> >>> Yelp reviews for one Maaco in Van Nuys is 3 stars, there are good and bad >>> ones. It depends on the franchise owner. He/she can do the cheapo job, or >>> whatever quality you want to pay for: >>> http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=maaco&find_loc=Van+Nuys%2C+CA&ns=1 >>> >>> You do get what you pay for though. >>> >>> Stuart >>> >>>>>> The first guy told me that all I needed was their basic paint job at >>>>>> a cost of $1,300, including fixing a small dent at the front driver >>>>>> side signal light area. About 6 years ago my husband took his badly >>>>>> dented 1996 Camaro there and was very pleased with their work, >>>>>> service, and pricing. >>>>>> >>>>>> As I was arriving at the SECOND Maaco, a beautifully painted 2-tone >>>>>> car with a graphic design on it was leaving out the driveway. In the >>>>>> shop there was a beautifully painted red and white VW Camper pop-top >>>>>> BUS that they had just restored. He suggested their best paint job >>>>>> at a cost of $2,000, including color, sand, and buff. >>>>>> >>>>>> I don't mind paying an extra $700 if the quality would is greatly >>>>>> superior to the econo job. Neither of the guys tried any hard sell >>>>>> tactics, and took their time explaining and answering all of my >>>>>> questions. >>>>>> >>>>>> Does anyone have experience with Maaco or any other "econo" paint >>> places? >>>>>> I can't do any prep by myself, and not willing to pay several $,$$$'s. >>>>>> >>>>>> Description of Maaco basic paint jobs >>>>>> <http://www.maaco-vannuys.com/auto_paint.html> >>>>>> Maaco Platinum Paint Job >>>>>> <http://www.maaco-vannuys-north.com/auto_paint.html> >>>>>> >>>>>> Patti >>>>>> 90 Westy Automatic >>>>>> Los Angeles >>> >>> >> >> -- >> >> *♪♫**♥**♫♪♪♫**♥**♫♪♪♫**♥**♫♪♪♫**♥**♫♪* >> If it's not on my Smart Phone, it doesn't exist... >> ●▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬♥▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬● >> > >

-- Thanks, Ken Wilford John 3:16 www.vanagain.com Phone: 856-327-4936 Fax: 856-327-2242