Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2015, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 8 May 2015 18:18:24 -0500
From:         Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Advice on TD engine problem
Comments: To: "kenneth wilford (Van-Again)" <kenwilfy@comcast.net>

1. Head gasket on upside down, blocking oil access to the head. Make sure you can see OBEN on the head gasket near the notches.

2. Possibly the oil pump is not engaging the vacuum pump despite the fact that it seems to. The vacuum pump drives the oil pump.

3. Stuff sat around before the rebuild and mud daubers built a nest somewhere. It is easier to find another block than to find the blockage.

4. The main bearings were installed without the halves with the holes in them; or the holes are on the wrong journals, or they are installed upside down.

Off the top of my head, that's about it.

If you really want to know if oil, any oil, is getting to the head, pull the valve cover.

Jim