Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2015, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 8 May 2015 11:17:21 -0400
From:         Edward Maglott <emaglott3@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: [SPAM] Re: Aux battery hookup

I also had enough draw from my stereo that it was draining my aux batt over time. noticeable if the van sat for a couple weeks. I never checked with the faceplate off because I definitely do not want to have to fuss with that every time I park the van. The stereo does have a remote. I wanted to be able to use the stereo with the key off, such as when camping so I connected the wire that is supposed to go to the key circuit directly to the aux battery circuit. I changed that to run through an extra rear defogger switch I have in the instrument cluster in one of the blank spots.