Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2015, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 21 May 2015 06:26:47 -0500
From:         Raceing Cajun <raceingcajun@COMMUNICOMM.COM>
Subject:      Re: Start up,back fire?
Comments: To: Dennis Jowell <dennisjowell@GMAIL.COM>

My $00.02 worth, I disagree. Anti-seize has got a bad rap in the past because of pilot error, along with that same pilot not torqueing the plugs. If you gob in on, and let it run down to the electrode, it can fowl a plug. Over tightening can and will pull threads, or spit out a plug. Use anti-seize right and it will save the head threads from pulling. Another cause for thread pulling is the wrong length thread on some brand "X" plugs. Use "Bosch by gosh". Some manufactures do not convert their fraction thread length to metric well, this leaves a small amount of threads past the head into the combustion chamber, which in turn make the treads pull the aluminum as the plug is removed next time. Like I say just my $00.02 worth, .....use anti-seize properly, also properly torqued Bosch plugs, pet your dog often, don't forget your wife's birthday or your anniversary........... and you will spend less time on the couch, life will be better!!!!!

Skipper