Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2015, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 21 May 2015 20:14:13 -0700
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: Front door hinge pin update
Comments: To: Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@gmail.com>

Ok, I'll try to explain...

It was the top hinge, I had the door open and supported on a workmate, the tool kind not the press ganged kid.

Bolts removed, hinge kinda falls forward and I could get a washer slipped in from the side and I used one of those magnets on telescoping stick to hold it in place while I pulled the hinge back to trap it. Then I managed to get that bolt started which held the washer.

I only got that bolt on one turn or so, that allowed the hinge to still lay forward enough so I could get the next washer in place and that bolt started.

I think the key was having the door well supported in its "natural" position, ie not drooping.

Alistair