Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2015, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 16 May 2015 18:02:23 -0700
From:         Keith Hughes <keithahughes@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fridge problem... which thing is  malfunctioning?

------------------------------ Date:    Sat, 16 May 2015 18:55:36 +0000 From:    Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM> Subject: Re: Fridge problem... which thing is malfunctioning? What if the stove is working? I gather that's not nearly as sensitive as the fridge. I just put a new Frank Condelli regulator in there when mine failed four or five years ago. Maybe a little longer. Where do you connect the manometer tube? I have had the book as long as I have had the van and have found it to be of not much help. Your link prompted me to take it out again in hopes that the contents had magically changed over the years but alas they had not. I'd like to see the manometer setup if there is a link to that anywhere. Jim Jim,

The manometer is simple. Take about 15 feet of tubing and make a "U" with both legs about 5' long, in a vertical orientation. Fill the "U" with water until the water level in each "leg" is a couple of feet (tape it or tie it up so the "U" stays vertical). Connect the remaining 5' on the long leg to the propane source downstream of the regulator. Turn the propane on, and measure the difference in height of the water columns in the two legs. If the "open" leg (not connected to the propane, and open to the atmosphere) water level is 11" above the "propane leg" water level, then the pressure is 11" water column (or WC or WG).

Keith Hughes '86 Westy Tiico (Marvin)