Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2015, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 27 May 2015 06:29:51 -0400
From:         Frank Condelli <RAlanen@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Awning advice

Yes, there are these two problems with the Shady Boy. I have discussed this with Wolfgang at length, but so far he has not made the changes I recommended. It would be very simple for him to have a rubber flap installed on the awing body to cover the small space between the awing and the drip rail. Then for the rear to protect the slider door when open, the awing could have a flap extension that clips to the drip rail. I have used a length of Gorilla tape to seal the crack between the awing and the drip rail on my van and have sewn on a flap at the rear to cover the gap between the awing and the drip rail so no water goes onto the inside of the slider door when open. It would be so easy for him to make these mods !

> On May 25, 2015, at 1:45 PM, Automatic digest processor <LISTSERV@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> wrote: > > I have a shady boy and I'm fairly pleased with it. I don't have a problem wi= > th rain getting between the awning and the cabin door opening, but I do have= > an issue of rain getting between the awning and the body and the rear of th= > e door opening. So it means the sliding door can get a bit of water on the i= > nside surface when the door is open and it is raining.

Cheers,

Frank Condelli Almonte, Ontario, Canada '87 VW Westy, '00 Kawasaki 250 Sherpa, "98 Ducati 750 Monster & Lionel Trains (Collection for sale <http://frankcondelli.com/trainsal.htm>) Frank Condelli & Associates <http://www.frankcondelli.com/> - Vanagon/Vanagon Westfalia Service in the Ottawa Valley BusFusion <http://www.busfusion.com/> a VW Camper camping event, Almonte, ON, June 04 ~07, 2015