Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2015, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 29 May 2015 22:40:11 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Probably get this one for $2k

It may only need a valve job or to have the head gaskets replaced and the heads torqued properly. New heads are even available. What is needed is some good diagnostics! Even on the air cooled engines I have changed a head with the engine in place. Unless other stuff is missing (it most likely died from overheating) a new head, some gaskets and 5 to 8 hours labor and it could be running and he can drive it home.

Dennis