Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2015, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 3 Jun 2015 18:31:59 -0700
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: Rear axle torque specs?
Comments: To: David Beierl <dbeierl@ATTGLOBAL.NET>

Playing with the spare set of hubs, housings, and stub axles in the mess I call my workshop, I notice the radial play of the hub on the stub axle diminishes as the hub fetches up against the ramps at the end of the grooves in the stub axle.

I suppose I should assemble a unit minus the bearing housing and see if the hub comes up onto the ramps. But I can't be bothered pressing on, then off, the bearings.

Hey Stuart, did I push more members to Facebook?

:-)

Alistair