Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2015, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 1 Jun 2015 09:34:55 -0500
From:         Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re:
              ?UTF-8?Q?Re=3A_=5BSyncro=5D_Pop=2Dtop_tent_install_on_a_=E2=80=9987_Vanagon?=
              =?UTF-8?Q?_Westfalia_report=2E?=
Comments: To: Frank Condelli <RAlanen@AOL.COM>

My 1991 Volkswagen Vanagon GL Campmobile has what I certainly believe is the original tent. The window is square, and the zippers separate like that. It is difficult. But, one can make it a point to leave them joined. I do that, and yet am able to partially open the window if I want to. I am short. Bonnie is shorter. We do have a stool. We manage. Could there be a better design? I suppose. Being new to VW campers when we bought this beast, we didn't know there was a different way.

mcneely

---- Frank Condelli <RAlanen@AOL.COM> wrote: > First off, don’t blame me for the subject line, I just copied and pasted what I got from the List Serv ????? What’s up with that ? Meanwhile back to the subject at hand. > Just because Westfalia did it does not make it right ! Westfalia did a lot of things that I consider quite not right ! I understand your point, but one must still get the two ends of the zipper together to get it started to zip. Let me see you do that at 3 am after a few rounds of Tequila ! It’s dark up there unless YOU installed a light, Westfalia did not provide lighting up there, remember ? It’s a blind man’s perfect opportunity to show off ! > > > On Jun 1, 2015, at 12:00 AM, Automatic digest processor <LISTSERV@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> wrote: > > > > =E2=80=8BFrank, aside from the other very real problems you encountered wit= > > h that > > canvas I have to make one observation. > > The square/zipper at top/velcro on the sides front window/screen is OEM on > > about 90-91 Westies. So not a unique idea by someone else. Are they a > > PITA for anyone that is not tall? You bet. But whoever is making the > > replacement canvas is just copying an original Westfalia design. > > > > Cheers, > > Frank Condelli > Almonte, Ontario, Canada > '87 VW Westy, '00 Kawasaki 250 Sherpa, "98 Ducati 750 Monster & Lionel Trains (Collection for sale <http://frankcondelli.com/trainsal.htm>) > Frank Condelli & Associates <http://www.frankcondelli.com/> - Vanagon/Vanagon Westfalia Service in the Ottawa Valley > BusFusion <http://www.busfusion.com/> a VW Camper camping event, Almonte, ON, June 04 ~07, 2015

-- David McNeely