Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2015, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 5 Jun 2015 06:44:42 -0400
From:         Ned Savoie <ned@HARBOURLIGHT.COM>
Subject:      Re: camped at the edge in Spain
Comments: To: mdrillock <mdrillock@cox.net>

As you head through France into Italy, you should check out Cinque Terre. It's 5 little towns nestled into the mountains on the shore of the Mediterranean. They still have the feel of 1940s, and to get between towns you have to either hike, take a boat, or take the train that is cut through the mountain. The first town, monterosso al mare has a public parking lot right on the water. It's the only town you can take a car to. They have about 10 spaces for campers, and it is first come, first served. Best chances to score one are if you get there midweek. I've done it twice with rented campers, and it is an awesome experience. I hope to do it again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinque_Terre

Have a great trip.

Ned

--

Ned Savoie Creative Director

Harbour Light Strategic Marketing Savvy Software, Inc. 621A Islington Street Portsmouth, NH 03801

[Telephone] 603.427.2821 [Facsimile] 603.427.0938 [Mobile] 603.828.2400