Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2015, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 Jun 2015 08:30:09 -0700
From:         Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Engine teardown - 2.1L WBX
Comments: To: John Rodgers <jrodgers113@gmail.com>

Probably anything you get here is better. One problem is with the keepers. They are not QC’d well, and one machinist here says he grinds the mating surfaces because they often don’t fit tightly around the valve stem, leading to dropped valves eventually.

Stuart

OK, so German valves would be better? Is TRW a German valve, or some other. What sources are specifically German? How about valve guides and valve retainers or keepers?

John