Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2015, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 Jun 2015 19:38:07 -0700
From:         Bill Gibson <bill.bgibson@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: how to cool a poptop?
Comments: To: Alistair Bell <albell@shaw.ca>

I deal with it all the time. It's a pretty common misconception: the difference between heat and temperature. We are actually not as sensitive to differences in temperature as we are to the loss or gain of heat from our skin. Too much, and we burn, from heat or cold! Paint color does have an effect, but not as much as we think. Heat can move 3 ways: radiation, convection, or conduction. How much of each takes a pretty sophisticated technique to measure. Nothing beats shade, except refrigeration.