Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2015, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 13 Jun 2015 08:59:39 -0400
From:         Eric Caron <ecaron1@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: how to cool a poptop?

Hi folks,

Scientific study is important but I’m sticking with the camp that light colors on the top will help.

I used to cycle a lot on a tandem bike. My partner and I purchased the same bike helmet one day and the shop owner said studies showed the color of the helmet would make no difference in the summer. I purchased white, she purchased dark blue. for years to come I could tell when she switched helmets on me because the trips were warmer. Being blind I was not able to see the colors I just noticed the difference!

Still I’m a purest and whatever color the van top came with I’d be likely to keep it. I cover the outside of the windows with magnetic sun screens and that makes a big difference in summer camping.

Eric Caron 85 GL Auto