Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2015, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 7 Jun 2015 21:13:23 -0700
From:         Stacy Schneider <vwcrewman@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Replaced driver's side front window seals. Report...
Comments: To: Neil N <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>

When you did the vent seals how did you get the rubber around the upper pivot? I have done this job numerous times, I always pull the vent assembly out if the door and do the build on the bench. I just did this for a guy at Syncrofest and could not get the window to seat in the rubber either. I was able to get it closed but the top of the glass is hitting the frame. My feeling is that the seals although marked as German OE are actually a knock off. This is the first time I have them not seat. My customer is saying that they now wind whistle more than they did before, I am at the point now ,where I have picked up a nice set from a 91 and am going to slip those in to keep him happy. Don't read this wrong he's not being unreasonable , but he'd like to not have the noise and I do not blame him. So to answer a question not asked, to remove the vent assembly you have to remove the door glass after removing the inner and outer scrapers and upper run channel. There is a small Phillips at the top and a 10mm headed bolt at the top, I also remove the 2 first clips the the scraper locks into to make the vent easier to remove.

Stacy

Sent from my iPhone