Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2015, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 9 Jun 2015 14:31:55 +0000
From:         Stephen Grisanti <bike2vcu@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Unusual Tire wear question
Comments: To: Eric Caron <ecaron1@COMCAST.NET>

We experienced cupping on the driver's side front in the midst of a trip to Canada.  I could hear the whopping sound while driving and see the wear pattern, so rotated the tires on that side. Still don't know what would suddenly have made that go out of adjustment.  Got home and fashioned a 14MM tool so I could adjust the camber on that wheel and it worked.  I tipped the top of the tire further outboard and guessed at the setting.  No unusual wear on that tire so I'm happy with my calibrated eyeball. Stephen