Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2015, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 20 Jun 2015 17:00:55 -0500
From:         Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      82 Diesel and conversion related stuff for sale
Comments: To: diesel-vanagon <Diesel-Vanagon@yahoogroups.com>

I am posting this to the Vanagon list as well as the diesel list in case someone in gas Vanagon world is interested in using the diesel parts for an inline four conversion in place of a waterboxer or whatever, and to the diesel list for the obvious reasons.

I have a brand new motor with zero minutes on it mated to a four speed diesel gearbox. I am going to keep the brand new mechanical head. everything else can go. It has all the carrier bars, every single thing including a flawless dipstick-style oil filler setup, new bearings, new oil pump, and all the expected diesel vanagon brackets and pulleys.

If no one is interested in the whole thing, I will see the short block and transmission separately, and the conversion pieces separately from that.

Near perfect snorkel and hose, split at the very bottom where it attached to the water separator (got that, too) and easily repaired. I do not have a rubber elbow from the separator to the airbox intake (got one of those) but I have one I made out of a detergent bottle and used for years.

The started will need to be rebuilt, that was the point of no return for me on the project. Too many things wrong with the tiptop to move forward.

What is good on the rest of the car is the complete 82 radiator setup, the instrument cluster, the 82 style fan, the heater box and core, two front doors, an early style slider with long handle and an early style rear hatch. Not even a ding in any of those.

I am keeping the brown carpet. The hard to find shifting stuff for these early models is in good shape and can go as well.

If anyone wants any nice body panels I may be up for that too.

I am in north Alabama. Contact me about anything you might want. There is too much stuff to remember at this point, but if you think of something let me know.

Jim