Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2015, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 25 Jun 2015 05:31:12 -0400
From:         Frank Condelli <RAlanen@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Does anyone know the part numbers for the standard and Carat
              vanagon jacks?

Well, in this case it does not make any difference. If Eric is going to make an outside table holder like the one he “saw” or “had described to him" on my van at BusFusion then he can use any of the jacks. To use the jack as an outside table holder on the rear jack point with the slider door open an extender rod must be made. The length of which I will have to go measure mine, but it will have to be long enough to allow the jack to clear the slider door when open and stepped on a lathe, one end fits in the jack leg the other end in the jack point, thereby extending the jack out far enough that the slider door can be opened with the table attached. So the trick is to find a solid rod with the proper outside diameter for the jack point then turn down the other end to fit in the jack leg. Eric, please message me so I remember to measure that rod piece for you. A tube similar to the table leg holder in the front of the van will have to be made and then welded to the jack so that it will be at the proper angle to allow the table to be level with the jack inserted and jacked to give a solid base plus it must be spaced away from the jack so that the gear mechanism at the top of the jack can turn without rubbing on the table leg when it’s inserted. Guess I’m going to have to take photos of this and post them to my website as I’m sure I have most of you thoroughly confused by now. Photos coming soon as I have some spare time. RIGHT !

On Jun 24, 2015, at 12:58 PM, Automatic digest processor <LISTSERV@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> wrote: > > Can anyone take a ruler to measure the total length of the arm before I > package this thing and put it in the mail? Seems that part numbers won't > cut it. This is for Eric all the way up in Vermont, and he wants to make a > exterior table holder out of it. I want to make sure it works for him.

Cheers,

Frank Condelli Almonte, Ontario, Canada '87 VW Westy, '00 Kawasaki 250 Sherpa, "98 Ducati 750 Monster & Lionel Trains (Collection for sale <http://frankcondelli.com/trainsal.htm>) Frank Condelli & Associates <http://www.frankcondelli.com/> - Vanagon/Vanagon Westfalia Service in the Ottawa Valley BusFusion <http://www.busfusion.com/> a VW Camper camping event, Almonte, ON, June 04 ~07, 2015