Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2015, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 28 Jun 2015 02:19:31 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Auto tranny cooling
Comments: To: Cox Home Email <ksmalcolm@COX.NET>

What are you using for a cooler? If your returning oil above the temp it should be running at it may not be helping much. There is a reason many oil coolers (trans or engine) use oil to water heat exchangers. They are remarkably effective. The vanagon automatic gets a lot of its cooling from the torque converter itself. Remember this transmission set up was used in the air cooled with no external cooler at all.

Dennis