Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2015, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 28 Jun 2015 13:37:09 +0000
From:         Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Propane and refrigerator success
Comments: To: Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@gmail.com>

Yeah, all you drivers of 1970s technology! Rip out that fridge and go all modern!

: )

As far as the ice cubes, if you have traveled in Germany--or more so, in England--you will know that they are lavish compared to the ice standards of the country of origin. I once came down from my room in Karlsruhe and asked for some ice at the bar. The bartender asked what I was going to do with it. I told him I was going to put it in a little glass and pour some water over it and drink it. He sighed like a sailor throwing his treasure chest into the sea to make room for me on a lifeboat and produced a plastic bag with a waffle weave pattern in it like a small pool float. It was full of frozen water, about the size of a sheet of paper. He squeezed hard and popped out a few lozenges of ice into my glass, shook his head and went back to work.

Jim