Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2015, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 28 Jun 2015 15:50:31 -0400
From:         James <jk_eaton@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Auto tranny cooling
Comments: To: Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@gmail.com>

Synthetic fluid suitable for Dexron type. Would that be, by any chance, Dexron VI? It is synthetic, and suitable for any older GM vehicle that specifies Dexron III. I have a friend who is a fan of old GMs (and teaches auto mechanics at our community college) who has replaced the Dexron III in all of his vehicles with Dexron VI, and preaches this 'gospel' to anyone who will listen. He has suggested the same to me, given that VW/Audi specified Dexron III for all its automatic transmissions in the 80s/90s.

Anybody running Dexron VI in their Vanagon automatics?

James Ottawa, ON