Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2015, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 1 Jul 2015 09:46:53 -0500
From:         Abel Longoria <houstonphotog@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: 12V Circuit Breaker
Comments: To: Steven Shelton <shelton4@gmail.com>

Depending on what you're testing even a 10amp breaker will trip a lot. IF you're testing high current devices it may be time to rethink the assembly of the test battery setup. I would have...

Test Battery > Wire > 30amp fuse > Wire > Distribution Fuse block > smaller fuses per device > wire > test device

this way you can plug in any range of ATC fuses. Certainly don't want 10amps of current going to a unfused device that is designed for a 3amp fuse. Pop!

I like Blue Sea blocks. They have a Positive and Negative distribution block built in. good for testing multiple items:

http://goo.gl/I8vhd9

If you want something cheaper just for the positive side and only testing one device at a time you can use a simple single ATC fuse like this. You just cut the wire and attach one end to the battery side and one end to the test device side. then adjust the fuse sizes depending on what the test device calls for:

http://goo.gl/I7Q1ru

Hope this helps.

Abel Longoria