Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2015, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 6 Jul 2015 20:46:13 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Brakes on an 87 Syncro
Comments: To: Dick Wong <sailingfc@DSLEXTREME.COM>

You may have made the rear adjusters turn up a few clicks. Now go see that the rear brakes are actually set up correctly including the contact pattern with the drums. Many after-market shoes have the wrong lower shoe arm length and the lower shoe rests need to be shimmed out to compensate. I have added as much as 3-4mm to each rest even with new drums. Be sure the handbrake cable is properly adjusted, no pressure on the top bar when released. And als make sure the top springs are not upside down.

Dennis