Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2015, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 10 Jul 2015 18:38:24 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <jrodgers113@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Weird engine noise update (LONG)
Comments: To: Marc Perdue <mcperdue@gmail.com>

Marc, Where do you hang your hat? There is a crackerjack rebuilder here that you might make a deal with. He rebuilt the engine in my '88 GL in yr 2000 and I've ne er had a lick of trouble with it. Externals on occassion, but internally, never. He's rebuilding the engine for my '91 Carat right now. Should be finished next week. He ships also. If interested, give him a call. Outfits name is Jims VW. Speak to Jim Connel. Phone 205-533-5861. Website www.jimsaircooled.com

Don't let the aircooled bit fool you. He does lots of them, but he does 1.9lL and 2.1L as well as Subaru conversions.

I have good experiences with him. His is a backwoods shop in the middle of nowhere on the sid3 of a mountain surrounded by about 500 Bugs, Ghias, and buses both new and old. An old timer in the business.