Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2015, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 12 Jul 2015 16:52:11 -0700
From:         Rob <vwrobb@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Playing around with rear hatch carrier
Comments: To: Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>

It looks like opening the rear hatch would be a bear with the spare tire on it.

Rob vwrobb@gmail.com

At 7/12/2015 11:56 AM, Alistair Bell wrote: >Trying out a ladder type carrier I made to replace the paulchen. The >paulchen was over kill for carrying a spare and I really don't like >how it didn't grab the hatch as well as I though it should. full >disclosure, the paulchen was originally a eurovan version that I cut >down to fit the shorter hatch of the vanagon. That might be why it >didn't grab super securely. Mind you the angles all look pretty well >the same as on the stock vanagon paulchen. But I digress, pic of the >new rack here > >https://shufti.wordpress.com/2015/07/12/vanagon-hatch-mounted-spare-tire-carrier/ > >I'll give a go unpainted, maybe I'll be modifying it. Then I'll paint black. > >Alistair