Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2015, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 14 Jul 2015 17:50:00 -0400
From:         Spencer Allen <spencervw@AOL.COM>
Subject:      will jumping the switch light up brake lights on 85?

my brake lights are out again and before I start getting into dicey electrical situations and blowing fuses can someone tell me if jumping only one of the brake switches at the MS will light the brake bulbs. I had no brake lights before but cleaning the grounds corrected it but for some reason they are out again.May still have a weak ground. I have no juice to the right rear terminal in the light housing for the brake bulb when the pedal is mashed but all the other lights are working. BTW what terminal # should the brake light wire be plugged in to on the RIGHT side light housing? The Bentley show a brown ground wire in the slot after the unused space but on pulling back the rubber boot-looks like first time in 30 years- there is a red/black wire plugged in there and a double brown wire plugged in where the Bentley says the brake wire should go. Has anyone with an 85 who has looked at their right side terminal plug lately tell me the wire locations. Thanks for any help. Spencer 85 Westy