Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2015, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 9 Jul 2015 12:35:08 -0700
From:         PB <pbrattan@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Finding the PERFECT starter battery! (UPDATE!)
Comments: To: David McNeely <mcneely4@cox.net>

If the Group 48 battery is as high as or higher than the group 41, how does it compare lengthwise? My new Group 41 battery is an inch or two shorter widthwise than my old one. It would have been possible to carefully lower the new battery using both of my hands, but I preferred having it lowered into the compartment with ratchet tie straps! The height turned out to be the same, but that is ONLY because the old battery had a permanent strap mounted on it that took up about 3/8" of height. The new battery didn't have the strap, but the cell covers are elevated about 3/8" higher than the old battery, so the height of the old battery *plus strap* = the height of the new battery *without strap*. The hold down bracket worked the same for both batteries. The new battery didn't have a terminal cover, but I'm using the terminal cover from the old battery.

​Old Group 41 Bosch (2007-2015 R.I.P.) <http://s74.photobucket.com/user/edtech2000/media/Old%20Westy%20Battery.jpg.html>

New Group 41 Bosch <http://s74.photobucket.com/user/edtech2000/media/New%20Westy%20Battery.jpg.html> with different dimensions!

Patti 90 Westy Automatic Los Angeles

--

*♪♫**♥**♫♪♪♫**♥**♫♪♪♫**♥**♫♪♪♫**♥**♫♪* If it's not on my Smart Phone, it doesn't exist... ●▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬♥▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬●