Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2015, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 22 Jul 2015 07:54:31 -0700
From:         bernie <1234bjs@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Crossing the Canadian border...

I was crossing into the US several years ago in my westy. The agent asked what I had aboard and in one of those senior moments where you momentarily forget a word and another one with quite a different meaning comes out instead I tried his patience. The conversation went like this.

Agent: What are you bringing across? Me: Not much really just personal artifacts (I meant to say personal effects the word effects just evaporated from my mind). Agent: After a period of silence and looking me in the eye "What kind of artifacts"? Me: "I mean just my personal stuff". Agent: Shaking his head slowly "I can't believe you said artifacts. Go ahead"

Bernie Vancouver BC